Whether you need your car shipped across Canada or a pickup truck brought over the U.S. border, Hansen’s Calgary terminal is the place to go. With our fleet of trucks and partnership with the Canadian Pacific Railway, we offer vehicle transport services for individuals and commercial businesses.
We’re located in the CP Rail auto compound outside the CP Calgary campus in the community of Ogden in southeast Calgary. We’re a convenient 20-minute drive from either downtown Calgary or the airport. Major crossroads include Barlow Trail & 61st Avenue or Ogden Road & 69th Avenue.
• From the Calgary Airport (40 kms): Travel south on Deer foot trail for 15 kms to the Peigan Trail/Barlow Trail exit. Continue south on Barlow Trail for 2.5 kms to 61st Avenue SE. Turn left (west) on 61st Avenue for 700 m to Ogdendale Road SE. Turn left (south) on Ogdendale Road SE and travel 500 m. You will see our office located on the right (west) side of the road.
• From Downtown Calgary: Travel east on 9th Avenue SE to the community of Ingelwood. Turn right (south) on 12th Avenue SE for 1.2 kms until you reach a 3-way stop light at Ogden Road. Turn left (east) on Ogden Road for 6 kms to Ogdendale Road. Continue east on Ogdendale Road for 2 kms until you see the office located on the left side of the road.
• From the Deer foot Trail or Crowchild Trail: Take Glenmore Trail going east. Turn left on Ogden Road SE and proceed to first traffic light which is 69th Avenue SE. Turn right onto 69th Avenue SE and proceed across train tracks. Turn right on Ogdendale Road SE. Follow for about 5 minutes until you see a large auto compound.
Hansen’s provides vehicle relocation services across Canada and between Canada and the U.S. via our fleet of trucks and through our partnership with the Canadian Pacific Railway. Here’s an overview of our services:
• Vehicle shipping across Canada. As a full-service vehicle relocation company, Hansen’s can handle all aspects of your trans-Canada shipping in-house. We have over 270 automobile carriers, numerous physical locations across the country and access to the Canadian Pacific Railway.
• Oversized vehicle shipping. If you need to ship an oversized vehicle like a commercial van or heavy-duty pickup truck across Canada or to the U.S., Hansen’s terminal in Calgary can help you every step of the way.
• Enclosed vehicle shipping. If you need extra protection for the vehicle you’re shipping, we offer a specialized enclosed service out of our Calgary terminal. This service extends as far as Winnipeg to the east and Vancouver to the west.
• Shipping to and from the U.S. We can deliver your vehicle to various major centres south of the border. Plus, our knowledgeable staff can assist you with the necessary cross-border paperwork and documentation.
• Car dealerships. At Hansen’s, we provide vehicle transportation services for hundreds of dealerships across the country. As the largest vehicle carrier in Canada, we offer competitive pricing on all domestic routes.
• Moving companies. If you’re moving across the country or south of the border, Hansen’s can work with your moving company to deliver your vehicle on time and safely to your new home.
• Corporate vehicle shipping. Hansen’s serves numerous corporate customers and can help you move company-owned vehicles for various purposes, such as employee relocations, fleet management and business events.
If you need to ship a specialty vehicle, antique or historic car or oversized vehicle, Hansen’s can handle all your auto shipping needs.
Payment in full is required prior to drop-off of a vehicle and can be made through our online portal with Visa, Master card or American Express. You can also pay directly at the Calgary branch office.
One form of government-issued photo ID that matches the name on the order is required to drop off and pick up your vehicle.
The Calgary office was opened in January 1984 and was the second office established. Prior to this, Hansen’s had only shipped vehicles east to west. The Calgary office was created so that two-way traffic across the country could be accommodated.
In addition to providing vehicle relocation services, Hansen's Calgary location proudly serves the local community. We provide annual support to the Veterans Food Bank of Calgary.
While we transport vehicles anywhere within Canada and to or from many U.S. locations, the following are some of our most popular routes for Alberta:
Ontario and Eastern Canada: We send railcars east to our Toronto terminal approximately three times per week. You can pick your car up from our Toronto terminal approximately 16 days later, or you can choose to have us continue the transportation via car carrier to any location within Ontario or any of the eastern provinces.
The Prairies: We have nearly 40 car carriers in Alberta travelling on scheduled routes throughout the Prairie provinces. Frequently serviced locations include but aren't limited to Edmonton, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Regina, Saskatoon, Prince Albert and Winnipeg.
British Columbia: We have trucks heading west into interior B.C. and Vancouver daily with spots available on a first in first out basis. We can meet you at a convenient commercial location in interior B.C., have the vehicle brought to our Vancouver terminal or arrange to have a commercial or residential delivery completed within Vancouver and surrounding areas, including Vancouver Island.
United States: Are you a snowbird? We’re available to assist with the transportation of your vehicle from Calgary to Arizona or California. In most cases, we send trucks weekly to these locations in late October and November. Our knowledgeable staff can help you with the appropriate paperwork and cross-border procedures.
Hansen’s Calgary terminal is part of our vast vehicle shipping network stretching across Canada with access to the U.S., allowing us to deliver thousands of vehicles to satisfied individuals and businesses everyday. Contact our Calgary branch office today for more information or to receive a detailed quote for shipping your vehicle to or from Alberta.