Leaving home to go to university or college often involves transporting a vehicle. While the prospect of moving across Canada or to the U.S. can be scary, hiring a professional auto shipping company allows you to focus on your studies and settle into campus life. Here’s what you need to know about shipping your vehicle to the city where you’ll be studying.
Some students choose to drive to their destination, and others leave their vehicle back at home. But consider these good reasons to opt for vehicle shipping.
• You can keep your vehicle. Your vehicle is more than just a means of transportation; it's a part of your independence. By opting for student car shipping, you retain the convenience and familiarity of having your vehicle with you on campus, ensuring you have the freedom to explore your new surroundings.
• Auto shipping is safe. Entrusting your vehicle to a reputable car shipping company guarantees a safe and secure journey to your new location. With professionals at the helm, you can rest assured that your vehicle will arrive promptly and in the same condition as when it was handed over for shipping.
• You can focus on what matters. By choosing a car shipping service, you can concentrate on organizing your belongings, getting ready for school and adapting to your new academic environment without the added stress of a long drive.
If you choose to ship your vehicle to college or university, follow these four tips for a smooth move:
1. Get a quote. Get detailed quotes from several different car shipping companies before you decide. This will help you to find the best deal.
2. Get the necessary paperwork. You'll need to provide the shipping company with your vehicle's registration. If shipping cross-border to the U.S., additional documentation will be required.
3. Empty and clean your car. You'll need to empty your car of all personal belongings before it can be shipped. This includes anything that could be damaged or lost during the journey. Also, clean the car inside and out.
4. Ship your car ahead of time. If you need your vehicle to arrive by a specific date, let the shipping company know so they can advise the appropriate date for drop off.
If you're a student preparing to make the move, contact us today to get an estimate to ship your car to your new campus.