Hansen’s is a continually expanding company with 40 yrs in business and is seeking an individual to take on a variety of responsibilities and tasks as a Dispatch Supervisor in Scarborough ON.
We are a proudly Canadian; family owned and operated business and specialize in the shipping, receiving, and storage of new and used automobiles. Come and join the Hansen's team!!
We consider applicants without regard to age, race, colour, creed, or religion, ancestry, origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, handicap, or other protected status.
Under the Supervision of the local Manager, the Dispatch Supervisor is tasked with overseeing a team of dispatchers and is responsible for monitoring On Time service, ensuring payroll for drivers/brokers is complete, regular auditing of Payroll as well as auditing Dispatch loads and maintaining a positive work environment for his/her team.
The Dispatch Supervisor will be required to interact with customers daily and will also be the liaison to other branches for Dispatching purposes and as well with drivers for any potential concerns that may arise. The Dispatch Supervisor will work directly with the Customer Service Supervisor to ensure a positive work environment is maintained/improved between the two departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Dispatching / Route Planning and Supervision of the dispatch team which currently consists of 3-4 dispatchers; including but not limited to the following:
• Daily dispatching and Supervision of 80+ trucks and 90+ drivers in Ontario
• Interaction with vendors, scheduling and oversight of proactive truck maintenance in coordination with fleet department
• Open and frequent communication link with Customer Service group and Supervisor
• Communication with drivers, customers, Fleet Dept, and other branch offices
• Driver Safety
• Driver Hiring and conformance
• Daily auditing and approval of company driver Piecework pay submissions for Payroll Dept.
• Auditing of Owner Operators assigned work
• Active participation in overall branch operation and financial statements assessments, analysis, and action plans
• Responsible for Company Handheld and Printer issues with a link to I.T. department
• Oversees Driver coverall program
• Other functions may be added to above as deemed necessary by Manager
• 5 Yrs experience in the Transportation / Trucking industry
• 2 Yrs experience as a Dispatcher / Route Planner
• 2 Yrs experience as a Supervisor / Manager
• Good knowledge of Ontario geography
• Hands on experience in Operations / Dispatch duties
• Ability to manage priorities efficiently and make quick educated decisions
• Customer oriented and a team player
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• High attention to detail and well organized
• Good communication skills
• Pleasant Attitude
• Fluent in English
• Previous experience in automotive industry would be an asset but not mandatory
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Ability to view computer screen for long periods of time
• 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday
• Some overtime will be required in busy times
• Will be required to attend quarterly (or as needed) driver meetings for part day on weekend (Post Covid)
After successful 3 months
•Group Medical / Dental coverage including Long Term Disability coverage and Life benefit
•Eligible to start contributing to Group RRSP program (Company match up to 4% after 12 months)
•Corporate discount at GoodLife gym's
After 2 complete calendar years
•Eligible for annual Profit Share bonus program
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Currently only one customer / visitor allowed in office at any time with appointment and pre-screening. Employee's required to wear mask when moving within office.